So … the school hols are coming up in what, a week now?
Sorry – just thought some of you may have realised. Reality is, I’m guessing, a few of you went “FUCK! Next week?!” and ran around in some kind of mental panic, checked your wine stash, made sure it contained some vodka – enough vodka – and jumped online to order some more,
So, just to save you some brain space in trying to work out yet another thing to keep your offspring entertained, cos we all know you’re in for two weeks of “I’m bored” followed by the inevitable – and seemingly just because they can – “I don’t want to do that, that’s boring” response to everything you suffest, I have been give 5 family passes to see a movie at IMAX Darling Harbour – Cars 2 or Born to be wild or something in the upcoming – argh! – July school holidays.
The IMAX experience purports to:
sure to impress the whole family with crystal clear images, ten times larger than the traditional cinema format it will draw you in with pictures so real you want to touch them and so powerful you can feel them. The IMAX Darling Harbour screen is SIX times larger than the next biggest screen in Sydney – no other screen comes close in size. Up to eight storeys high, the screen is ten times larger than a traditional cinema screen and fills the whole field of human vision. The giant film frames offer far greater resolution than the average 35mm film and all existing digital cinema projection systems. The IMAX film experience takes an image rich in clarity and definition, throws it onto the world’s biggest screen and guarantees to engulf the viewer in digital surround sound.
That is, its a really good picture, that is really big and if your kids say they’re bored it is because they are just very annoying. So, ner.
Also, what with being at Darling Harbour and all, there will be somewhere you can take them for food that they may or may not bitch about, or you can just hide somewhere, as there is plenty of room for them to run around trying to locate you, until they are located by a policeman, and you are located at a local bar.
(There are plenty of bars at Darling Harbour, too … just saying)
So, the first five people to respond will get the Family Tix.
Some rules (bloody, bloody, there’s always rules!)
- Please do not respond if you are not able to make it to Darling Harbour and listen to your kids complain these school holidays! That is really annoying, very rude and extremely inconsiderate to me, IMAX, the PR people and others who can go
- You have until July 1 to respond
- To enter, you must comment here, on this blog, and not on the Facebook page, or any links on Facebook or Twitter or other website this post appears on … comment here
- You must provide a valid email address in which I may contact you to let you know you have won a Family Ticket
- Ideally, I also want to hear a fabulous story about the most exciting thing your child has been “bored” about – because my kids can be so bored about anything that my eldest fell asleep at the Elephant Show in Thailand! I just wanna know its not me.
Right … first 5, from Sydney, or who will be in Sydney during the school holidays, July 1st to July 17th 2011.
I’ll forward your details to the lovely lady organising these tickets on my behalf and you can sort it out with her 🙂